Replication Makes Me Cry...
Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 01:43 PM - Sql Server CEOk, spent a couple of hours setting up merge replication (stay tuned for "REPLICATION WITHOUT IIS 101", coming soon to a blog near you) and ran into the same ole "make you cry" errors the I can never remember how to fix, so I thought I would list the troubleshooting steps here in case someone stumbles across.
1. Rolled back to SP2. I have never gotten SP3 to work with replication. I don't know if it does, but I know SP2 works.
2. Make sure you re-register sscesa20.dll
3. Once it is registered, navigate the registry to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\mssqlserverce\TRANSPORT] and change LOGGING_LEVEL to 3 for the sscesa20.dll you just registered
4. After you create the publication in SQL Ent Mgr, go back into it and edit the properties, and make the snapshot folder the one you specified and shared in the creation, and not the "default backup folder".
5. Cry a little. Then a little more.
6. Make sure Sql Server and SQL Agent are running as a real user with a real password.
7. Make sure IIS is set up to play nice with Sql CE.
8. Trap the errors, google, repeat.
That's all I got. Hope it helps.
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 258 )