View Partial Source
Thursday, June 2, 2005, 04:32 PM - IE, WebEver been looking at a website, say to troubleshoot it, and don't want to look through 5000 lines of HTML to find what you are looking for? Then Microsoft has a powertoy for you.
While it's technically for IE5, it works fine in IE6 also. Basically, you select a few lines in IE, right-click, and select "view partial source", and the source for the selected text is shown!
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 282 )
Status Bar Disappears
Thursday, June 2, 2005, 04:19 PM - IEThis is blatantly stolen. The original information comes from
1) With (only one) IE open, click View, select: Status Bar
2) Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar"
3) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
4) Open Windows Explorer, click View, select: Status Bar
5) Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar"
6) Click Tools : Folder Options : View tab
7) Click the "Apply to all folders" button.
8) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
9) Open IE to any page, right-click on a link and select: "Open in New Window"
10)Verify that these Registry entries exist: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Show_StatusBar"="yes" "Show_URLinStatusBar"="yes"
Worked for me!
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 236 )