Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsave attachments:
Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 04:39 PM - WindowsIf you're like me, you've likely received an attachment from someone after spending half an hour talking them through attaching it, only to find that Outlook as blocked access to it. Here's all you need to do to make the ugly warning go away:
1. In the registry, under HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice(VERSION)OutlookSecurity, add a string value "Level1Remove" and set the data to the extension of the file you need access to, like "tmp" or "exe;ini".
2. Restart Outlook and you now have access to these files.
Don't forget to remove this key when you are done!
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 1301 )
DVD Flick is the BOMB!!
Friday, August 28, 2009, 01:52 PM - WindowsDoes anyone say that anymore? I guess now it rips, shreds, something? Anyway. I just downloaded DVD Flick, an open source dvd rendering and burning program. Take any video you have, and I mean ANYTHING and this app seems to rip them and spit them out in a nice, standard DVD format. I took a bunch of DIVX standard stuff I found somewhere and threw them into the app, said "make me a basic menu and burn the dvd" and it worked. First time. No fuss, no muss. It just works.
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 1451 )
Twikini twitter client for Smartphone
Thursday, June 18, 2009, 06:04 PM - WindowsI tried out the Twiking twitter client for Windows Mobile Smartphones (aka no touch screen) and so far I am really impressed. It allows you to get your public timeline, and reply to or retweet messages with one keypress.
Configurable update times lets me conserve battery, and the cache helps save network usage. So far I like the interface and the simplicity, and the ability to tweet out what I am listening to in Media Player is interesting.
Head on over to http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Twikini and check it out for yourself!
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 2.9 / 75 )
Mini is back ONLINE!!
Monday, June 15, 2009, 02:52 PM - Windows, Home Server, DesertCodeCampAs you may already know, my HP Mini (the one that I had been doing my PIC development on) crashed 30 minutes before my presentation at DesertCodeCamp and I had to "wing it". Luckily, I had set up the Windows Home Server (WHS) that I bought for Sherry for Christmas on Wednesday night, and the automatic backup had created a couple of backups.
I loaded the PC Recovery cd onto a bootable USB key, and then spent all day messing around with the drivers before I finally found the right LAN driver. Once I got the correct driver in place, everything came together and the Mini restored the backup in about 30 minutes, and I was right back where I was on friday night.
Windows home server saved me, and I will get the code up from my CodeCamp session ASAP.
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 2.9 / 59 )
Creating an EFPS42 Linksys port without the driver
Monday, July 21, 2008, 05:33 PM - WindowsWindows Vista doesn't come with a driver, nor does Linksys seems to supply a 64 bit Vista driver for the Linksys EFPS42 2 printer box. I stumbled these instructions here, which were SPOT ON:
1. Open Control Panel>Printers
2. Click the 'Add a Printer' link
3. Select the 'Add a local printer'
4. On the next screen select 'Create a new port'
5. Select 'Standard TCP/IP Port' for the type of port to create.
6. On the next screen use the following settings: DEVICE TYPE=TCP/IP Device; HOSTNAME OR IP ADDRESS=[the ip address of your print server]; PORT NAME= (i.e., IP_[server ip address]
7. In the 'Additional Port Information Required' screen select 'Generic Network Card', then click
8. Select the printer driver for the printer connected to the port
9. After the printer is installed (do NOT send a test page yet)
10. open the properties of the printer you've just installed and select the 'Ports' tab
11. Select the port and click
12. Change the protocol from RAW to LPR, the field labeled 'Queue Name' will become editable.
13. to access the first printer port enter 'L1' (without the quotes)
14. to access the second printer port enter 'L2' (without the quotes)
15. click then go to the 'General' tab and print a test page
| [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 254 )